Friday 3 September 2010

maps...hmm

Apologies about the last post but it just tickled me and thought it'd be amusing to post it. I'm tempted to turn it into an 'amusing bugs I find' post...but anyway moving on

Fox here again (Duh!)

I Was debating on making this entry just about the new maps but I've decided to do a zone by zone series to show you the differences between what you see in WotLK now, and what the cataclysm will do to the zones. This post, however, will be maps of the new zones (bear in mind I haven't actually had the chance to explore all these new zones yet and so I will update this entry with all the maps of the new zones as I discover them)

So the first zone I went to was Mount Hyjal. I hopped on my hubby's mage and ported to Orgrimmar (omg I'll have to go over that change later on its so different!), flew around confused for 20 minutes, followed by alot of 'ohhhh myyyy goddddd!' and the stumbled into azshara before flying into Hyjal.

The zone appears to be around 80-82ish, having not done any of the quests there, I couldn't see many mobs around. I can only assume its because I was phased or something, but the mobs I did find were around level 80. The environment is pretty scorched and burnt, with a big tree in the middle surrounded by a load of owls. Lots of Night Elven ruins, and Twilight camps scattered around. I also found lots of elementals around too.

There are herb and mining nodes about, Obsidian Chunk ( Mining 425) and Cinderbloom (Herbalism 425)

Its fairly large, and you'll be best off with a flying mount as there's lots of things on hills/cliffs. I'm not sure who's faction bases are where (If any at all) and I don't know who (if anyone) is the dominating faction in this zone either. As I said, I've only briefly scouted the zone, I'll post a whole entry about it once I get more details

The map for the zone looks like this (Thanks to MMO Champion)



Next up is Gilneas, since I managed to complete that zone with my Worgen. I'm sure you've seen pictures or videos of it so I don't need to be too descriptive. It's got the feel of old Gothic England, lots of Victorian looking buildings, horse and carriages, top hats, etc. It's dark and dusky, lots of dead trees and greyish looking floors. It's basically designed to look like a horror movie, its like a permanent Halloween :P There are herb and mining nodes around, though at the moment there aren't any trainers to help you gather them :(. It's just your usual beginner nodes (Peacebloom, silverleaf and Copper ore)

There are 3 separate maps for this zone as they all change with phasing. The first map is due to the fact that it reflects Gilneas before the cataclysm, the second is afterwards and the third is what every other race will see (and Worgens after they've completed the zone)



Gilneas city itself is very impressive, however, it is not a functional city (As in you can't use it like you can Stormwind or Orgrimmar) It still keeps the 'Gothic England' style, a little more in ruins after the attack by the Forsaken. It's fairly large too. It doesn't serve as a main city due to the fact that it will be used as a battleground called 'the battle for Gilneas City' Which plays on the Worgen Vs Undead storyline


Now, I unfortunately haven't managed to explore The Lost isles yet as my poor little gobbo is stuck at level 4 (I really hope they fix that quest soon) So all I can show of the Goblin areas is Kezan. It's basically described as a 'City in a box', lots of twisty roads, houses stacked on top of each other, troll slaves working in mines. They even have a swimming pool! It's a busy Goblin city in the sun. It's fun, bright and reminds me of Grand Theft Auto (you get a car to drive around and run people over with, it's hilarious) I never stopped laughing the whole time I was there, it's well designed, fun and VERY easy to get into. The only downside is that you have to leave eventually, and when you do, you can't go back :(



Unfortunately, that's all the information I have at the moment. My Hubby's been playing and keeps forgetting to take screenshots for me -.- As soon as I get the chance, I'll hop on and start going round each zone, taking screenshots and information on what's changed to share with you

Until then

-Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment